Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 vs. 35
From: "Gareth Jolly" <garethjolly@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:43:28 +1000

I would simply make three comments:

1.  The most important question is what is your preferred focal length?
What do you like shooting?  For me, 90mm and 50mm are my favourite focal
lengths, but that it because it reflects what I personally like taking.  I
like photographing people, street scenes, capturing a moment; I like the
slight distance I can get with a 90mm; I like the slight compression of
distance in a 90mm between objects.

2.  While instinctively I tend to regard f4 as a little on the slow side,
one of my favorite Nikon lens is my 75 - 150mm, f3.5.  Speed of the lens has
rarely worried me.  Less of a trouble still with a Leica.

3.  the 90mm frame on an M is quite small.  Try and see if they suit you.
They may not.  I'm starting to get used to them.

Oh, and why a camera on your waist?  Concealment?  Unobtrusiveness?

Gareth