Subject: Re: [Leica] scanning & darkroom
From: "jahudson" <jahudson@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:07:00 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
To: LUG <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 1999 9:42 AM

> Photoshop and an Epson stylus photo ex are great things to have.  Last
> night I was looking at my former favorite photo that has been made of me.
>  It was at the 1991 World Series.  The photo was made before the opening
> game.  This was the first World Series I had covered, the first one
> Atlanta had played in and I was standing on the field where the logo was
> painted on the grass.  I was wearing all of my credentials and assorted
> lenses. Field with players warming up in background.
>
> The only problem with it is my ex-wife is standing right next to me (she
> was working as the film runner for our paper that night....perks of being
> married to a good sports shooter).  Anyway I had gotten to where I could
> not stand to look at this photo because of her insipid mug being in the
> photo.
>
> Last night I used photo shop and removed her...simply took her out of the
> photo like she was never there.  Printed it out on my Stylus and put it
> in the frame...me alone on the field like it should have been in the
> first place.  And I swear it looks like I am smiling more in the new
> photo than in the old one.  :)
>
> Ain't photoshop GRRRRRREAT!!!

There was a program on television some months ago now featuring an old lady
from China. She was well over 80 and likely nearer 100 than 90. She had been
one of Chairman Mao's most select photo retouch experts if not *the* expert.
Her only tools ....... fine paint brushes and ink.  The program featured
selections of her works. The program narrator opined that her photo
retouching was the equal present day imaging technology.

jh