Subject: RE: Antw: [Leica] LHSA Solms Spring Shoot
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:47:45 -0700

Any time there is a layoff, of anyone, it is not good news.  Management
layoff of 100 people is very significant.  Production layoffs are a bit
easier to take as maybe they were part timers. etc.  This forbodes quite
badly ( New management and then layoffs....sounds suspicious .... ).  Let us
not jump to conclusions until we have a confirmation of the facts......

Can anyone confirm the rumors as facts?  Is there a Solms City Newspaper
that might have the story ?

A second idea, they have a new "affiliation"... as in sold to someone.....
Yashica would be my bet.  Samsung would be my second guess.    Nikon, Canon,
Minolta, Pentax, Mamiya, Bronica ?  I doubt it......

Imagine how nice a Samsung 1950's logo would look on the M6 ?  Sure less
noiatable than red dots......

Frank