Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 vs. 35
From: Martin Howard <marho@ikp.liu.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:20:59 +0200

In my experience, rangefinders work best with wideangle or "normal"
lenses.  I'd suggest getting the 35 summicron, last version before
the ASPH. If you cannot afford it now, save up until you can.  In the
long run, you'll be happier that you did.

The 35 works very well for "grab" snapshots, either sighted or not.
Without the hood it is makes an extremely compact package: with the
hood the flare control is good.

As you say, the M2 was "made for" the 35mm. Ultimately is of course
boils down to the kind of photography you want to do: I certainly take
more 35mm pictures than 90mm.

M.

- --
Martin Howard, Grad. Schl. for Human-Machine Interaction,  |
HMI/IKP, Linkoping University, SE-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden.|    Just
Tel: +46 13 28 5741; Fax: +46 28 2579; ICQ: 354739         | say "DOOH"
E-mail: marho@ikp.liu.se; www.iav.ikp.liu.se/staff/marho/  +------------