Subject: [Leica] Re: R6.2 buzz
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 99 06:45:37 +1000

DAVE YODER <leica@home.com> wrote:

>I've picked up a new R6.2 as my first Leica R body and I love it, but
>have a question about a strange buzz after the shutter returns down,
>only on the 250th/sec position.

This is the shutter detension mechanism doing its thing.
It only happens at 1/250th (the most commonly used outdoor
speed IMO).

Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> added:

>This is absolutely, positively, normal.

True, but *very* annoying nevertheless.  Wonder how long
the M-crowd would tolerate a buzz like this...

>I understand you can find this in the instruction manual.

Yes, but there is no explanation *why* it happens.  I had
to button-hole a few technicians before one finally coughed
up the shutter-detension explanation.

IMO, a serious design flaw in an otherwise delight-to-use
camera.

Regds,

Andrew N.
www.nemeng.com