Subject: [Leica] Leica Quality Control
From: "Hoyen ~simontart~" <simontart@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 02:17:39 EDT

Marc wrote:

"Folks, if you are unhappy with Leica quality, then you have two
choices, and two choices only:
a)  Buy LOTS of Leica stock.  Own the company, and then YOU can tell
them
what to do.b)  Sell all your Leica gear and invest in some other
system."

Or c) Bitch about it here on the LUG and hope Leica is smart enough
to be monitoring this list.  After a deal on a used R6.2 fell
through, I ordered a brand new USA one, which arrived a couple of
days ago with smudge marks on the mirror, like someone had used some
sort of cleaning agent and tried to wipe the residue off.  Given my
past experience with new Leica equipment, I was not surprised at all,
so I just calmly breathed on it and cleaned it off with a Q-tip.  I
just hope nothing else f*cks up.  At least I've got a Passport now,
in case something does go wrong, but I won't like the wait of getting
service from NJ.