Subject: [Leica] LEICA: ARE YOU LISTENING?
From: "Hoyen ~simontart~" <simontart@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 02:22:48 EDT

Marc wrote:

"Gads, guys.  Let's get this one out of our heads.  Leica does NOT
monitor
the LUG.  Leica doesn't really care about the minuscule slice of the
Leica
market which we represent.
If Leica IS monitoring this, either in the US or in Germany, kindly
POST
something here or, heck, send me a private E-mail telling me you are
listening.  This is like Moses on the peak, begging for help.  (I do
NOT
anticipate that the Twelve Commandments -- or, in Mel Brooks'
version, the
Eighteen Commandments! -- will arrive by private E-mail to either of
us,B.D.!)
Do a WHO LEICA-USERS and WHO LEICA-USERS-DIGEST command.  I don't
believe
Leica is a subscriber."

Ever heard of anonymous email accounts?  Hint: I'm using one.  I
could be Leica USA or Leica Solms for all you know.  You claim that
Leica does not monitor the LUG.  Can you prove it?  I sure as heck
can't.  Maybe they do, maybe they don't.  I hope for the sake of the
company that they do.  And even if they do, they probably aren't
going to tell you or anybody else.  Why?  If you think the traffic on
this list is bad now, can you imagine what would happen if Leica
announced that they do monitor this list?