Subject: [Leica] China
From: "Gareth Jolly" <garethjolly@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:53:51 +1000

I'm heading off to China in September - October.  It should be an
interesting time to be there. I'll be in Beijing for China National day -
being 50 years since the establishment of the communist state and 10 years
since the Tianamen square massacre.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommends, tips or sage advice for China.

I'm intending to take my M6 with 50mm summicron and 90mm elmarit - I think
I'll also try and pick up a 35mm. I'm going to take a stack of Tri-X - quite
possibly also some Delta 100 and 400.

We're going to Suzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Xian, Giulin and for a trip down
the River Yangzte.

There'll be a few, no doubt hair-raising, trips on Air China. We'll see the
Great Wall from Beijing.

Thanks in advance
Gareth Jolly