Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Quality Control
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 10:12:31 -0700

I worked at the European Space Agency (ESRO - European Space Research
Organization / ESOC - European Space Operations Center) in Darmstadt
Germany for six years. There were (and still are) beer and hard liquor
(brandy, Cognac, etc.) vending machines, along side the candy and soda
vending machines. Available for selection at any time. No restrictions.

While I was working there, they built a new command center. The workman had
beer breaks at around 10am and 2pm. The beer truck would arrive and the
workman would indulge. Sort of like a "roach coach" here in the USA, only
much more healthy. Good beer is a way of life in Germany.

Jim