Subject: Re: [Leica] Pulizer and being there
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 12:12:49 -0700

snip
> In those situations, it's time to MAKE pictures, not just find lucky
> moments. The light itself can be a theme. I and one other photographer are
> actually working on a photo essay at my paper called "Nice light downtown."
> (Working title).
>
> Eric Welch
snip
What an interesting philosophical conundrum!. Light as a news item!
As what would seen to be obvious, the quality of light and the news item
itself are on opposite sides of the pole priority wise. You just can't
wait for the light to change as Monica climbs out of that Limo. You have
to just GET THAT SHOT. Make sure your strobe is turned on!
There are plenty of visually stimulating facades and edifices Downtown
Portland as the Sun comes up. Would something interesting or newsworthy
be happening in front of these facades? Not much luck so far!
People sucking down their last Cigarette as they walk to work early.
I need Baby shoes where do I get them????!!!.
Mark Rabiner
I guess if someone got a Pulitzer for a Monica shot the light must have
been darn good!