Subject: Re: [Leica] The 11th commandment and Leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 10:19:42 -0700

Bill Erfurth wrote:

> Marc James Small  wrote:  <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
> Subject: [Leica] LEICA:  ARE YOU LISTENING?
>
> This is like Moses on the peak, begging for
> help.  (I do NOT anticipate that the Twelve Commandments -- or, in Mel Brooks' version, the Eighteen Commandments!
snip
> Hi Marc,
>
> Actually, most people don't know it but, when Moses came down off the mountain he had 11 commandments.
>
> The 11th was "Never pay retail".  Or, for buying Leica equipment it should read, "Thou shall always buy GREY MARKET".
snip

I'm sure you don't have to be Jewish or Mel to know there are more than
two ways to skin a deal.
Where does Ebay fit in? How about Shutterbug ads? And what are all these
other commandments? I thought I knew my Mel.
Thou shalt BE THERE.
Thou shalt be focused at the hyperfocal point or be concisely zoned.
Thou shalt not check the back door.
Thou shalt not play around with lens caps and UV filters.
Special effects please!
Mark Rabiner