Subject: Re: [Leica] A Leica moment
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 07:43:32 +0200

Chandos,

It is indeed a nice picture and a good example of the type of photography one
often associates with the Leica M. However, I wish you had put more pixels up
there; on my monitor, the image looks slightly pixelated and too dark. I do
not think it is a monitor problem, as other LUGgers' pages look fine. I think
a better scan or less compression would do better justice to the shot.

Nathan

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> Just to carry on for a little bit the thread that centered on RF as a "way
> of Seeing."  Eric and I exchanged views about the "leica" look.  I don't
> think that we argued so much as we talked at cross purposes.
>
> I've just posted an image that for me perfectly captures what I associate
> with an RF "look".  I can't imagine capturing such an image with any other
> camera than an M or with any other lens than a 'lux.  This represents for
> me, at least, *one* of the meanings I associate with the Leica "look."
>
> Chandos
>
> See: http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown/photography/people/casey.htm
>
> Chandos Michael Brown
> Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
> College of William and Mary
>
> http:www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown

- --
Nathan Wajsman