Subject: Re: [Leica] Fim suggestion
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 07:03:34 +0200

Andrew,

I would advise you to just try some of the other new films. I am in the
process of trying the E100VS--possibly a good substitute for Velvia with
100 speed. With faster slide films, my experience has been similar to
yours--they are all too grainy. One notable exception is Kodak's E200
(the pro version, available in 5-packs). It is the film I keep in my
Ricoh GR1 for grab shots and it is the only slide film I use that is
faster than 100.

Nathan

Moore,Andrew wrote:

> My main slide films have been Velvia 50 and Sensia II 100, but
> I'd like to address the following issues by trying something new
> (in my M6 -- somewhat on topic)
>
> - Sensia II 100 is sometimes too cool
> - Velvia 50 is sometimes too saturated
> - The 200 and 400 speed films I've used are a bit too grainy
>   (Sensia II 200 and 400)
>
> These will mainly be used for travel and documentary work (amateur).
> I don't plan on pushing the speed.
>
> I like the neutral colors of Kodachrome, but I want an E-6 process
> (found a good lab!).
>
> E100S?  Others?  I know the easiest thing to do is simply shoot
> a roll of some new films, but I'd like to start by heading in the
> right direction, especially if I can benefit from another LUGger's
> experience.
>
> Andrew
> no archive

- --