Subject: [Leica] Re: Mitsubishi
From: raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 22:00:18 +0200

> From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
> Subject: [Leica] On the Profitability of Optical Companies

<snip>

> (After all, a thousand people know Nikon cameras to everyone who realizes that
> Mitsubishi owns a major ship-building works and is getting back into
> aviation, a field they have tended to stay out of since their last effort,
> the Zero fighter, left production a half-century back!

Cīmon Marc - surely you know that Mitsubishi has built airplanes
after the famous Zero. They have made many types of planes both
licence built and to their own designs. I think that the Mitsubishi
MU-2 was quite successful. But of course what I expected was a
mention of the Zeroīs engine which was a copy of the French
Gnome-LeRhone design.
All the best!
Raimo

Photos at: http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen