Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: AF, a FAD?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 15:01:32 -0700

Yes Father. For I have sinned and move into the forefront of technology.
Forgive me ......

Now please tell me what is a self-serving simplistic view?  You attempt to
discredit my e-mail with a strong opening comment yet I am not sure of its
reference.  After all, wouldn;t you say a LUG group is self serving in
itself?

Your next comment, "And what percentage of photographers, are photographers
that make a living
photographing rapidly moving things that can only be caught via AF?"
I did not say this, this is a twisting of words on your part in an attempt
to get me to retract my statements.  Jim, what I am saying is simply that
there is a greater degree of moving sports photographs that will be in focus
with a good AF system compared with a MF system. AF is faster than anyone's
"twist of the wrist!!"
Now, if you read this you'll see that I did not say that one can do what the
other cannot, simply one has clear advantages over the other.

Yes, if Leica made an AF camera, they would have my attention.  The real
reason I gave up much of the Leica stuff is price versus result.  A greater
number or results were achieved with less expensive and more modern tools,
hence the rationale for upgrading, yes upgrading, to a modern AF SLR.  I
pick tools based on needs.  To me needs is justification and not the other
way around.

BTW Jim, I still hold dear my MF Medium format cameras.  However, when I
find an AF 6x6 SLR, its bye bye antiquity.

Peter K