Subject: Re: [Leica] AF, a FAD?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 19:01:28 -0500

At 12:27 PM 5/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I assumed he meant the BALL going 40 not the runner, just a typo!
>And who says you have to use some monster lens? Haven't great baseball
>shots been done with more reasonable optics? Are these guys afraid of
>getting hit by a foul ball? What ever happened to getting in there with
>the action?

PR offices at parks. They don't allow photographers to get close. In
baseball, you're in a box behind 1st or 3rd base, or share some space
behind home with TV and any other still shooter. Of course, if you have an
800 you can try from behind center field or something. Big glass is the way
it is in modern baseball. And considering that the NFL is moving back press
photographers so TV has a clearer shot at their games, who knows what we'll
need there in 10 years. Harumph!

Shoot, at high school games the umps. are reluctant to have us stand inside
the fence. The coaches are afraid the ball will hit us on an overthrow and
the opposition will be extra bases. They're almost as bad as the parents!
(I get up on top of the dugout. Keeps the base coaches out of my pictures.)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Your E-Mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage