Subject: Re: [Leica] Are leica users Luddites??
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 14:14:59 +0200

At 1:02 pm +0200 4/5/99, imxputs wrote:
snip
> To assume that AF makes a camera a modern one and
>that non-AF makes a camera oldfashioned or obsolete is the same as saying that
>
>reading a book is an old fashioned technology because a mindmelt would be the
>high tech way to transfer ideas.
snip

Thanks, Erwin.  Let me add my 2 centimes.
We all know AF and MF are two CHOICES.  I use an R6.2.  My wife uses Minolta
AF SLRs for portrait assignments.  She tells me that she cannot focus with
R's in indoor snapshots at interviews (she never uses flash).  I never tell
her "Yes, you CAN!"

I myself am waiting for AF Leica Rs.  Then "old" MF lenses will be bargains
for me. ^_^

Leicalement,

Mikiro
Strasbourg, Europe