Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R9 err...Minolta 9 ;-) OFF TOPIC
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 20:12:22 +0200

At 4:01 pm +0200 4/5/99, Dan Cardish wrote:
>I just picked up my Minolta 9 today, for those interested.  Autofocus seems
>very fast and sure, feels very solid and fits the hand perfectly.  There
>must be 1001 built-in functions, will see about enrolling in training
>course  ;-).  Will try and run some film through it today.

Dan-  What is the source of information that R9 is based on Minolta 9?
I am just curious....

"9" seems to be selling well as a camera that costs ~200.000 yen.  BIC
camera (one of the largest camera shops in Japan) reports the top five
selling SLRs for the last month.

1.  F100 (Nikon)
2.  EOS3 (Canon)
3.  MZ10 (Pentax)