Subject: [Leica] Autofocus (AF, a FAD?)
From: "Pascal" <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 16:58:30 +0200

Hello friends:

The number of mails over the past couple of days on AF vs. MF is incredible.
It seems many people are dying to justify owning what they have bought...

Every system has its own merits and strengths, MF or AF, regardless of
brands.
I bet that many of those who speak out today on AF as mere "P&S" style of
shooting would be among the very first to stand in line for a new R9 AF if
it came out eventually ...

Suddenly MF would not seem THAT attractive any longer ;-)
(and I am speaking as the devil's lawyer, no need to flame me!
I like the R8's manual focusing BUT I would PREFER not so much AF as
electronic focus confirmation - that would dramatically enhance the number
of accurately focussed shots under certain unfavorable circumstances).

Pascal
See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
An Apple a day keeps greedy Microsoft away !