Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus (AF, a FAD?)
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 12:49:31 -0400

Well, to throw my comments in here.... I'm fairly new at Leica M
"technology"; and don't own an R system (but someday...)
I've been using my M6 at weddings with Delta 3200 film rated at 1600 using
available light. My 'hit' ratio is pathetic. I'm happy with maybe 3 shots
per roll....

When I shoot headshots for actors/entertainers I use my Canon A2 ; I
haven't had enough experience to 'nail' headshots with my 90 tele-elmarit
yet.... especially shooting at f8 and f5.6; I need to be sure I'm getting
the focus. With Auto Focus, I'm able to interact with my client alot more,
instead of fiddling with the focus ring!
Don't get me wrong- I love the M6... but if I'm blasting away, I'll take
the help the AF can give me!

Bob Keene