Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R9 err...Minolta 9 ;-) OFF TOPIC
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 15:29:49 +0200

Eric,

I must say you seem to have a real, deep and complicated problem with your
communication, my friend....
I shall not even try to rephrase my sentence, which at no point refered to
the level of evolution of the people of a state of the USA, as you do not
seem to use your reading and understanding abilities in the same way as the
rest of the humanity I am acquainted with.

Furthermore, your allusion to the 'sound of someone falling of the turnip
truck' might indicate a certain lack of respect for the intellect of the
people who grow, transport and/or deal those vegetables. If  my profession
was linked to the turnip supply chain, I would probably feel that your
sentence is  'racist in its writing' (to paraphrase one of your former
glorious characterizations) ;-)

I stand by my post, and repeat that spreading unfounded rumours, such as
the Minolta R9 fantasy, on the LUG, is a good way to definitively kill the
current R line of products. I therefore suspect you are an 'agent provoc
ateur' paid by some 'obscure' competing lobby. If I had to repeat all the
dumb things that have been said to me by 'obscure' people dealing Leica
goods....

Please refer to today's post by Erwin giving a little historical
perspective to the birth of that rumour...

Have a nice day,

Obscure Alan (trying to climb back up on his truck of Brussels sprouts)