Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R9 err...Minolta 9 ;-) OFF TOPIC
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 07:44:14 -0700

Alan,

I disagree, Leica needs something to move forward.  The current R users are
a small group, what they want are the AF users that are currently the larger
piece of the pie.  Yes, there will be a small portion of discontent current
R users, but you can't please everyone all the time.

As to the Minolta 9 being suicidcal, perhaps.  But I think it would open up
a market for Leica and enable them to compete in areas where they otherwise
would not.  Perhaps they can license their R-lens designs to Minolta so they
can be made at a cost that most pros would really pay.

Peter K

<snip>
Alan Ball wrote (edited):
......Any other choice would be a catastrophy for current R users, and would
alienate most
of them in the future.
Snip>
<snip>
Simply borrowing the Minolta 9, as it is, as basis of a R9 project, would
be suicidal.
<snip>