Subject: Re: [Leica] Autofocus (AF, a FAD?)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 13:34:28 -0700

Bob Keene/Karen Shehade wrote:

> Well, to throw my comments in here.... I'm fairly new at Leica M
> "technology"; and don't own an R system (but someday...)
> I've been using my M6 at weddings with Delta 3200 film rated at 1600 using
> available light. My 'hit' ratio is pathetic. I'm happy with maybe 3 shots
> per roll....
>
> When I shoot headshots for actors/entertainers I use my Canon A2 ; I
> haven't had enough experience to 'nail' headshots with my 90 tele-elmarit
> yet.... especially shooting at f8 and f5.6; I need to be sure I'm getting
> the focus. With Auto Focus, I'm able to interact with my client alot more,
> instead of fiddling with the focus ring!
> Don't get me wrong- I love the M6... but if I'm blasting away, I'll take
> the help the AF can give me!
>
> Bob Keene

Bob if you're only "hitting" 3 shots per roll with 3200 on the M6 maybe
you are a candidate for the point and shoot. Unless "Hit" means the neg
goes platamum. $100 in print sales per click? Clarify!!
Take our a tape measure and lay out 4 feet. Now set your camera at 4
feet with a 35 or 28 or 24 lens. Now walk around the house or studio and
when you get 4 feet from things hit the shutter. Do the same at
weddings. I did! Made a zillion dollars!!!!
Mark :-) Rabiner
give or take
You don't even need to look thought the damn camera!!!