Subject: Re: [Leica] sm canon 35
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 21:53:58 +0100

Jonathan,
The Serenar lenses that Canon made were older than the solely 'Canon' badged
lenses and as such are the less good lenses to use - fine for collecting!
The 35mm lens which is the one to seek (by Canon) is the F2 version, not 1.5,
1.8, 2.8, or 3.2. These are viewed as some as comparable to Summicron quality
and sell for about half their value. I wouldn't spend your money on this lens
but save and wait.

Jem