Subject: [Leica] Metz 20BC-6
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 10:13:10 -0000

"Simon Wemel" <swemel@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm looking for a Flash for my m6 (non-TTL version).
Some people told me to buy the Metz 20BC-6, others the 28C-2.
Could someone give me a little advice?

I use a Metz 20BC6. With 200ISO film, it gives automatic exposure out
to 3.6m at f8, and in manual mode will allow out to 15m (40ft +) at
f2. It covers the 35mm field of view, but comes with a clip-on
diffuser which increases coverage to match the 28mm lens at the cost
of an extra stop of aperture.

It measures approx 3.35 x 2.75 x 1.5in (the 1.5 does not include the
foot which slots into the accessory shoe, which adds a further 0.5in.

The main problem I've found is that the unit needs 3 AA cells, so I
always end up with an odd cell left over!

I've also found (the hard way) that the small switch on the rear which
sets manual or automatic mode can be accidentally moved from the one
setting to the other as you pull the flashgun from its storage
compartment in a gadget bag. When you're working in a hurry, it's easy
to forget to check the switch position.

Regards,

Doug Richardson