Subject: [Leica] Leica and autofocus
From: "Anderson, Ferrel" <AndersonF@ria.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 08:28:42 -0500

Correction!  To Bill O'connell and others I might have mislead:  I did not
give up my Leicas and adopt the Nikon 2020 for the rest of my photograpic
days.  I re-read my post, and realize that it sounds as if I had a life
changing experience.  I continue to use my Leica Flexes and Rs for
everything, including critical portraits and some snapshots at family events
involving children.  But at every birthday, out comes the Nikon 2020, the
Leica Mini, and the Leica RE and 100mm Apo.  The only time I use the Nikon
is, you guessed it, at family birthdays!  If I have a life changing
experience in the photographic arena, it will be to move up to larger format
photography, probably 6x9, and this can be attributed directly to a Leica
purchase:  a Focomat IIC, which is both for 35mm and formats up to 6X9.
Since I am so spoiled by Leica quality, I think that I will not be satisfied
with anything other than a Linhoff Technika!