Subject: [Leica] art, manual focus & other misunderstandings
From: "Gerry Walden" <photos@gerrywalden.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 08:45:46 +0100

Eric Welch wrote:

"I could do what Dosineau did with a bunch of pictures and Photoshop. No big
deal. No real effort. No great timing. No keen eye. That's the difference."

I am sorry, but I feel that this is gross arrogance.   Anyone who has looked
long-term at books of Doisneau's work will understand his artistry.   To
castigate and belittle his efforts for the sake of one posed photograph is
so ill-conceived.   I just wish my work approached his.

Gerry (UK)
www.gerrywalden.co.uk