Subject: Re: [Leica] EFKE 100 film in HC-110
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 08:26:16 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:
snip
> The EFKE films are imported to Germany by Fotoimpex Berlin, fax ++ 49 30
> 28 599 082. Maybe they can help you get the name of the importer where you
> live, or the manufacturer's address and they may be able to help you with
> times for other developers.
>
> >Friends
> >
> >Can anyone tell me the developing time of EFKE 100 B&W film in HC-110 (Dil B)?
> >Any alternative developing time/soup combination is also most welcome.
> >
> >Dan K.
>
> --
Dan, having spend $6 plus a few more for shipping for a roll for 127
film (4by4) it's hard to not have a clue as to a starting point for
developing. How many exposures per roll by the way?
Anyway my experience with manufac. developer times is I don't know if
they pick these numbers arbitrarily out of a hat but Agfa if you double
them you'll be close. I would average your medium speed films times and
shoot your first roll with your Rollei Baby at different distances wide
open to check that, test you meter, shoot a resolution thing, a step
wedge. That way you can look at that first roll as a valid starting
point and you won't feel like you've waisted your time, film or precious shots.
You've just gotta kiss that first roll off the best way you can!
Mark Rabiner