Subject: Re: [Leica] EFKE 100 film in HC-110
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 09:25:35 -0700

DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:

> Thank you so much for the info relative to EFKE 100.
snip
> Neofin Blue was recommended at that time.  Neofin Blue was a derivative of
> the Willi Beutler developer that was formulated for high resolution work.
> There were two versions of the Willi Beutler developer, the first having 5
> grams metol and the second and faster working version having 10 grams metol.
snip
> Of course, the "Beutler" type developers were very dilute and exhausted
> themselves in the highlights but kept working in the shadow areas or at least
> that was the stated goal for the developers.  At least they did not attempt
> to attack the grains as some of the fine grain developers were designed to do.
snip
Having just pretty much finished reading "The Film Developing Cookbook"
(Anchell/Troop) I would extol the use of Xtol. I just had the rewarding
experience of getting 5 one liter brown glass bottles for mine from a
Laboratory supply place here in town. You have never seen such nice
brown glass bottles!
1:2 or three should give me or you the qualities I used to get with
Beutler's with nicer grain.
I'ts Kodaks last big bang farwell to the world of black and white
chemestry. And the black and white world will never be the same!
Invented by Silvia Zawadzki better living with Vitamin C! (sodium isoascorbate)
Mark Rabiner