Subject: [Leica] Rare Leica on ebay
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 01:13:44 EDT

I'd like to call attention to a rare Leica for sale on ebay.  It is a Leica
M2 outfit with 135/2.8 and carrying case, bid #98039322.  This afternoon, the
bid was up to $850.  On closer examination, this outfit is part of a very
rare, highly collectible Leica.  It is the KS-15(4), the military M2 made for
the US Army during the Viet Nam war.  The civilian version, the M2R, is
better known to collectors.  It is a standard M2 made in 1966 with the
addition of the M4 rapid loading spool.  This is a full two years before the
introduction of the M4!  The case bears a data plate with the camera outfit's
military description.  I did a story on this camera outfit a couple of years
ago for the LHSA Viewfinder entitled "The KS-15(4), The Forgotten Soldier."
If this camera sells for anything near $850, it will be quite a steal.  The
body alone should be worth three times this much.
I have no interest in the sale of this camera, but I thought some of you
might be interested in a rare Leica like this.

Bill Rosauer