Subject: RE: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 09:44:05 -0700

Everyone,
I just want to be clear that the impressions of the new Summicron 90 I
outlined in an earlier message are totally subjective.  So, while for me the
improvements in the new 90 are "marginal", for others the differences may be
significant.  And, I cannot report at all yet on how the lens behaves with
respect to flare, etc.

Erwin Puts has done an excellent, and more objective, review of this lens,
which is worth reading.  Folks on this list have alot of respect for his
test work.

Regardless of where they're made, both these 90s are really outstanding.
Let's spend some time today taking photos!

Cheers,
- --Jim Laurel