Subject: RE: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 23:05:00 -0700

Yes, I guess I was fairly loose with my comments on that last email.
Contrast, for sure, is higher with the new Summ 90.  In my (so far) limited
experience with it, it is clearly an improvement over the Elmarit.  And
that's saying alot because I have always enjoyed my photographs made with
the Elmarit 90.  It was and still is a fine optic.  It's truly a luxury to
have both.  Oh yes, the other reason I won't part with the Elmarit 90 is
because it handles *perfectly* on my little Leica CL!  Snap one on to a CL
sometime and see for yourself.  Just perfect...

Filter size on the APO ASPH Summicron 90 is E55.

Cheers,
- --Jim Laurel