Subject: [Leica] Re: Where my Leica box was assembled?
From: Bill Barton <wbill@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 17:46:04 -0400

This is really funny, back in the old days, 20 years ago here in the US
the customers always wanted their Leica lenses to say Made in Germany
while in Europe we were told, they all wanted the Made in Canada
lenses. But then most of the newer and faster lenses came out of the
Midland plant, plus all the special Nato stuff was out of Midland also.

So now Leica has found a way to keep everyone happy, next we get
stickers with any country, and we get to pick where our lens was
assembled......Bill