Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw-mount Leicas
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 19:51:28 -0400

At 01:16 AM 5/9/99 +0200, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>1) How is the film loading?

You may trim the film by eye.  The template is unnecessary.

>2) I want a 50mm lens, and preferably a collapsible one. How does the
>3.5 Elmar compare with the more modern lenses like the Summicron or
>Summilux?

It is aa lot slower!  Nice lens, with all of the Zeiss Tessar attributes.
But, and remember this, it IS slow.  A 2/50 Summar or Summitar is a better
choice:  the latter is a fine lens by any standard, though Alf Bruell
would, and does, argue about this!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!