Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M Box BS!
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 11:47:49 -0400

DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:

> If I read your post correctly, you are suggesting a 90 mm APO-ASPH M made
> in Germany is inferior to one that is made in Canada?  This may be the reason
> one owner of the 90 mm APO-ASPH M made in Germany advised today on the net
> that he did not see much difference between his new 90 mm APO-ASPH M and his
> old 90 mm Elmarit.

The only rational reason for the above is that the current 90/M Elmarit
is a best-in-class lens. That the new Apo Summicron shows only "slight
improvement" is remarkable considering this fact. That the new lens out
performs the older one -- with an extra stop -- is extraordinary.

Performance, not provenance, is what's important to shooters.

David W. Almy
Annapolis