Subject: RE: [Leica] Domke F-803
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 09:15:42 -0700

I must second the opinions shared by Jorg and Hans.  I had been using a
Billingham 225 for my usual M outfit, and had become dissatisfied with the
way it is designed.  The Billingham has so many zippers & flaps, that I
found it hard to work from.  Plus, getting an R body in there with 80-200
was well nigh impossible.

So, I switched to a 2-bag system -- one which carries a fairly complete
Leica kit, and another specifically for light travel.  The Domke F-803
satchel carries an M body + 3 lenses easily along with a small flash,
tabletop tripod, misc other stuff in the small zipper pouches, and a bunch
of film.  It doesn't look like a camera bag, and has a very nice form factor
(very thin).  So, when you're touring, for example, it's very easy to get it
in and out of your car.

The 225 was replaced by a Domke J2, which fits 2 M bodies, 4 lenses, an R6.2
with 80-200 and accessories with 2 large end pockets for film.

- --Jim Laurel