Subject: [Leica] DHL-a calculated risk? (off topic)
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 18:18:09 +0200

This is a classical case when reality don't correspond to the map.

When calling DHL, you speek to people looking at computer screens, far away
from the people actually handling the packages. Their tracking system is
based upon that the people packing on different airports use hand held
readers that send package codes to their central computer system.

However, there is a big problem when the central computer says that a
package is delivered in a certain container, but the people unpacking this
container says that this is not so.

Sofar the DHL-people seem to have deducted that my cameras vanished in thin
air somewhere in Brussels. My impression from speaking to them is that they
don't know what to do about it.

I was given some hope that my M2:s might be delivered in the next container
from Brussels. If not, what can I do? At least, we have all learnt
something.
But it is not a pleasant experience, believe me.

Best regards,

Hans

<I am sorry to hear of your misfortune with DHL.  I can only hope they
<will trace your two M2s soon.  In the meantime, I have asked Shintaro if
<he could initiate a trace for them at his end in Tokyo.

<Bests,
<Joseph