Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 APO origin and other trivia
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:31:42 -0700

> DonjR43198@aol.com wrote:
>
> > I hope the 135 APO-Telyt is really available as I ordered one this afternoon
> > and was assured it would be shipped Monday.
snip

I got mine from camera world in Oregon. Two months ago. I got it over
the counter which is getting to be my favorite technique. As he slowly
passed the lens over the counter I slowly passed over the money (Just kidding).
There are three aspects to not panic about on this lens.
One: that it's a tad harder to turn the focusing barrel.
Two: the F stops turn way easy.
Three: Getting it on your camera... It was darn hard to click it onto my M6.
In other words not one thing on the camera worked right. Or right
according to what I expected
But this is all over the counter before I even bought it yet .
I am already in a cold sweat when I shell out that kind of money. But I
trusted Leica and gave it the benefit of the doubt.  I was right to do
that. I handed over the cash (OK I gave him my credit card number)
A new twist!!!
Both the actions of the focusing and the F stops I got used to and seem
compleatly appropriate now. I'm sure they are compleatly intentional.
And of course it became easier to click it onto the camera. Spraying it
with WD-40 helped that (Joke((very sick joke(((VSJ)))))).
So I could say "Don't sweat it" but that would make me a hypocrite.
I could say "Don't sweat the small stuff" but I can never find the small stuff!.
I'm not happy with my lens, I'm ebullient. My world is rocked. That and
Xtol. And you will be too. If and when it ever comes. Try Nightall or a
large hammer!
Mark :-) Rabiner