Subject: RE: [Leica] Opinions on the 40mm summicron-C
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 22:43:00 -0700

Hi James,
I don't have any direct experience with the Summicron C, but I do use the
2.0/40 Rokkor M, which is supposedly the same identical lens.  True, it's
not quite the equal of the 1.4/35 Summilux, ASPH, but I would be surprised
if it was!  It also falls short of the 2.0/50 Summicron.  However, it does
return excellent results in its own right.  I use the CL primarily as a ski
camera, and have been very pleased with the results.