Subject: [Leica] Shutter Burn. Need Sunblock?
From: "Paul Klingaman" <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 07:40:21 PDT

Hello LUG,

Now that the light around here(Boston) has intensified, and this will be my
first summer with any M, I'm starting to get concerned about shutter burn.
Should I be?  How serious an issue is this?  Does the aperture of the lens
have any effect?  I don't use lens caps or filters, and I'd like to avoid
the need to cup the lens with my hand while shooting.  My M6 has been a
blessing for my situation.  I never find myself cursing the fact that I left
something at home.  The controls are so simple that I can concentrate on
what's important: composition and exposure.  I'd like to maintain this level
of simplicity, but at the same time, don't want to be replacing my shutter
curtain every year.  Thanks in advance for your gracious wisdom.

Thanks,
Paul Klingaman

PS.  If anyone out there happens to have a 35mm summicron pre-ASPH they'd
like to get rid of, I've been looking and would appreciate dealing with a
LUGger.  Barrel cosmetics are of no concern, but good glass is a must.