Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: typical E-bay bad deal
From: Paul Klingaman <pklingaman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 07:23:51 PDT

I am one of them.  Also Javier, you are forgetting the great thing that ebay
does for the non-professional seller.  It allows you to sell items and get
dealer(or slighty under, and in some cases over) prices for them.  Thus, now
if you just can't justify keeping that N90 around gathering dust, your
options are no longer a)Get raped by a dealer who wants to give you 1/2 of
its value or b)take out a classified ad and wait, and wait, and give
strangers your home phone number and address, etc.  Now you, Joe citizen,
have a world-wide(or at least nation wide) market.  As an added bonus, the
person who buys that body is getting what they consider a good deal, having
searched the dealers only to be discouraged by their high(er) prices.  Sure
there are dishonest ebayers out there, but there are also those who want to
be fair.  The glass is half full.

Paul Klingaman