Subject: RE: [Leica] Erwin Qualifications
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:54:01 -0400

At 07:21 AM 5/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>OH PLLLEEEASSSSEEE!
>
>Stop protecting the man.  Surely he has backbone enough to speak for
>himself. DOes he work for Leica?
>
>Peter K
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?

Peter, this is totally out of hand. If you don't trust Erwin's assessments,
ignore them. We're not paying for them. This is a "user's group," an Email
list for people with one kind of interest or another in things Leica. Does
Erwin have a connection to Leica beyond the connection about which he has
told us? Who knows. I, for one, am prepared to take him at his word, given
that I get that word for free and he is certainly vastly more knowledgeable
than I in terms of technical matters.

Let me humbly suggest that if you don't like what Erwin - or anyone else -
posts here, filter it out! But meanwhile, "can't we all just get along?"
This thread is getting really destructive and for no good reasons. Now if
we were arguing politics.....

B. D.