Subject: Re: [Leica] 60mm filters for 100m R Apo-Elmarit?
From: "Gary D. Whalen" <whalen@circle.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:18:59 -0400

Andrew,
    I hate the idea of you putting a filter on that lense.  If I had to
give up every piece of photographic equipment I own (which is a lot)
that lense would be the last piece to go.  It is outstanding,
remarkable, perfect, etc.

    That said, I also gave up looking for a filter (before I realized I
shouldn't put one on it) because the 60mm is very hard to find.