Subject: [Leica] RE: Opinions on the 40mm summicron-C
From: David Young <youngs@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:45:25 -0700

>I know it is a tired topic for many of you, but I'd like to hear other
>user's opinions on this lens.  I am having some difficulty making up my mind
>as to whether I like this lens or not.  I've been using my CL for some time
>now and I've never gotten an image from it that could compare with some of
>my best Leica R 35mm Summicron images.  I suppose I would like to hear
>support for the 40mm Summicron-C, and that the problem lies somewhere else.
>Otherwise I might enter the market for a used 35mm Summicron.
>
>I'd appreciate some help,
>
>James Burris

James:

Further thoughts on your poor sharpness from your CL.

Have you had your rangefinder checked?

My CL worked perfectly, until I took it on an airplane.  After that, the
rangefinder wouldn't focus accurately.  I'd return home, get it fixed, and
all would be well, until I took it on a plane ride somewhere.  After the
4th or 5th zone-focused holiday, I sold it!

Still, I miss it.  It was a great little camera - when it worked!

David Young,     | A man who gives in when wrong, is wise.
Victoria, CANADA | A man who gives in when right, is married.