Subject: Re: [Leica] 60mm filters for 100m R Apo-Elmarit?
From: "ross mcleish" <cram@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:51:24 +1000

Andrew wrote:
Subject: [Leica] 60mm filters for 100m R Apo-Elmarit?
> How/where do you get filters for the weirdo 60mm thread?!
> (No one in Sydney seems to have any!)
>
> I need at least a 80A and UV (the latter mainly for protection
> in industrial environments when the muck starts flying!).

Andrew,
Leica make a 60mm UVa filter -- you will have to wait though -- I've had a
couple of Leica filters on 'backorder' for the past 3 months(!). Also, if
you haven't yet tried them, L & P are a good bet for tracking down difficult
filters in Sydney.  Otherwise.....B & H via the internet -- probably cheaper
than buying here, anyhow. Check it out, and good luck!
The Apo-Elmarit is a beauty isn't it!? Wait until you do some macro work
with it -- get the Elpro if you really want some delicious images!
Ross