Subject: [Leica] have I left the Lug?
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 20:30:30 +0200

As I am on the digest, I get my mails later than the group who is on the
interactive list. A few minutes ago Marc informed me that I should have
left the list.
This is not true and I really deplore this action by a person as yet
unknown to me. At least give me a chance to announce my own departure.   I
do not know the intentions of this person but at least he should have asked
me if his perception is correct.
The Lug at the moment is very upset and sensitive. Let it calm down please.

I am working at the moment on a test of the 4/35-70, I will get a 2.8/35-70
soon, I am finalizing part 2 of the 70-180.I will do a major comparison of
the new Voigtlander and Konica lenses (thanks to the generous and
"have-them-all" Tom A).

Let us go back to work and have fun. Taking pictures with Leica equipment
(old and new) is too much of a joy too let it be spoiled by rumours and bad
interpersonal relations.
I sent a private email to Peter K, offering to settle his points off line,
shake hands and I really want him on this list. I am strongly opposed to
anyone leaving this list by collective or individualpressure. It happened
once to a very fine Lug member.(Of course he and I differed sometime, but
politeness then was paramount). It was and is a loss that he no longer with
us, but stays in a very small private email circle. Anybody is welcome on
this list. Ignore whatever you do not like. But one old fashioned request:
stay polite and positive and be as trained in discourse as the classical
Greeks were.

Erwin