Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 battery
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 11:45:18 +0000

>In my experience it only effects the accuracy as the batteries get VERY low.
>  I found that the meter lost sensitivity about 5 minutes before the lights
>went dead.  Prior to that the lights were noticably dimmer, but the readings
>SEEMED ok.
>
>Dan

>This is not my experience. When the batteries are so low that you will
>notice that it takes longer for the lights to come on (and they then
>remain weaker than normal), then you will be getting negatives that are
>about three steps over exposed. How long before they would have gone dead
>that was, that I do not know as I changed the batteries as soon as I
>realized they were low. Do your own test comparing almost dead battereis
>against new ones and you will    ---know---  how it it is with ---your---
>camera.

I now know what B stands for on the shutter speed dial: it stands for
'bag'. Always set the dial to B when you put the camera in a bag, this
prevents the light meter from being turned on inadvertently and will save
you a lot of trouble.

Christer

>>I recently had the batteries die in my (older) M6. When I put the new ones
>>in, I was aware of how much more intense the red lights appeared. Prior to
>>the new batteries, and for a while it seems, the  intensity of the red was
>>much dimmer.
>>My question: is the accuracy of the meter affected by the obviously dying
>>batteries?
>>
>>sam alexander

christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58