Subject: [Leica] Noctilux question
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 11:33:31 +0200

I have a problem with my Noctilux:

In the near range it does not focus correctly. At the distance of 1m to 1.2m
it is approximately 5cm off. This means instead of getting sharp eyes I get a
sharp nose.

I had camera and lens checked by Leica (twice) and paid an amount of money for
which Peter K. could have been made a happy man with a new P&S. However, I
still have this focusing problem.

I think it is NOT the preciseness of the rangefinder, because the I refocused
several times from infinity to 1m and it was ALWAYS off in the same direction.

Here is my question: Is it normal, that the near focus compensation of the
rangefinder does not work that precise? Have others of you the same problem.

To verify I did the following:
I pinned a needle in the middle of a piece of paper with millimeter units on
it. I focused exactly on the needle and took the picture.

Waiting for your answers

christoph