Subject: [Leica] Replying to controversial posts from the Digest
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 06:48:20 -0700

Dan C wrote:

>I would like to point out something that might benefit the Leica Users
>Group.  As we  are aware, the LUG occasionally gets involved with messy
>exchanges between various members. "cut"

Life seems to get back to normal.  Then out of nowhere, these conflicts
seems to come back to life.  I suspect this comes about from list members
who receive the Digest form of the mailinglist,

>My suggestion is that Digest subscribers who feel the need to respond to an
>incendiary post should consider the fact that the entire thread may already
>be old news to everyone else on the list, and that it might be best to just
>let it rest.  Of course this advice could be advised to ALL members of the
>LUG!

Hi Dan and all folks,

It is too bad, when we who read it daily and finally take a deep breath as
the  cut and slashing appears to be over, the ugly topic once again arises,
in some cases re-kindling what actually was a dead snake with it's head off.

I agree with Dan whole heartedly that those who went through the shelling
and survived might consider "without reading delete the topic" or if you do
read  "do not respond" as we've seen it all, read it all, and many
responded in this situation. It was not a war of words but a war of venom.
Fortunately there were only wounded casualties with probably only a couple
dead LUGGERS who left.

Let us resolve not to allow this topic to rise once again, period! Please
ladies and gentlemen. Thankyou

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant