Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin Qualifications
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 12:14:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/14/99 10:31:39 AM Central Daylight Time, lucien@ubi.edu
writes:

<< Will it be possible for you to define precisely the scientific method used
by
 BAS,
 and then the method used by Erwin Puts. >>

The scientific method used by BASS is outlined in the BASS reports filling
the entirety of page 3 in the M report and page 4 of the R report regarding
the use of the MTF method of determining brilliance and sharpness.  At one
time both of these nice reports were available from Leica USA.

Yesterday, someone published the site where this could be downloaded but I
did not copy it since I have the hardcopy in my file.

The laboratory technician writes: "With the measurement method we use,
sharpness values can be determined with absolute precision."

If you have not read the report, I would commend it to you.  It is very, very
complimentary of the Leica lenses.